Visa Debit and Credit Card Security
Town of Hempstead Employees Federal Credit Union has increased our card security to better server you.
Credit and Debit card fraud affects each of our members, primarily because the credit union must absorb any losses incurred as a result of fraud. This, in turn affects what we are able to return to our members in interest on deposits, competitive loan rates and reduced fees. Fraud is also a major inconvenience to our members.
Be assured that TOHEFCU has invested heavily in state-of-the-art fraud monitoring on all card transactions. However, we need your assistance to further minimize fraud risk. With your help, we can better control card losses and provide better service to all of our members.
What you can do to protect yourself?
- Provide the credit union with your most current contact information, especially your cell phone number, so we can easily reach you if potential fraud were to occur on your card.
- Contact the credit union if you are planning to travel internationally. We will place a travel notification on your card account.
- Regularly monitor your account activity. Home Banking and our mobile apps gives your 24/7 access to your account information.
- Use the Card Valet mobile app! Card Valet is a mobile application that lets you get real-time alerts for your plastic card transactions and set a variety of controls on spending and limits. You can also turn off your lost or stolen card.
- Contact the credit union immediately if you believe that your Visa Credit or Debit card has been lost, stolen or compromised.
TOHEFCU Fraud Prevention Services:
TOHEFCU Visa Debit and Credit cards are monitored 24/7/365 for fraud detection. You may be contacted by our Fraud Prevention Service to verify that your transactions are valid. This may be an automated system or a live person. If you are unavailable, a message will be left for you to call (877) 253-8964.
If the transactions are valid, you may continue to use your card. If the charges are not valid, your card will be blocked to prevent any further fraudulent activity.