Visa Debit and Credit Card Security
Town of Hempstead Employees Federal Credit Union has increased our card security to better serve you.
Credit and Debit card fraud affects each of our members, primarily because the credit union must absorb any losses incurred as a result of fraud. This, in turn, affects what we are able to return to our members in interest on deposits, competitive loan rates, and reduced fees. Fraud is also a major inconvenience to our members.
Be assured that TOHEFCU has invested heavily in state-of-the-art fraud monitoring on all card transactions. However, we need your assistance to further minimize fraud risk. With your help, we can better control card losses and provide better service to all of our members.
What can you do to protect yourself?
- Provide the credit union with your most current contact information, especially your cell phone number, so we can easily reach you if potential fraud were to occur on your card.
- Contact the credit union if you are planning to travel internationally. We will place a travel notification on your card account.
- Regularly monitor your account activity. Home Banking and our mobile apps give you 24/7 access to your account information.
- Use Card Controls! Card Controls is found within Online Banking and our mobile application. It lets you get real-time alerts for your plastic card transactions and set a variety of controls on spending and limits. You can also turn off your lost or stolen card.
- Contact the credit union immediately if you believe that your Visa Credit or Debit card has been lost, stolen, or compromised.
Report Lost, Stolen, or Compromised Cards immediately:
During Business Hours call the Credit Union directly at (516)867-4730.
After hours call (800) 472 – 3272.
When using the after-hours number follow up with the Credit Union the next day.
TOHEFCU FRAUD PREVENTION SERVICES
TOHEFCU Visa Debit and Credit cards are monitored 24/7/365 for fraud detection. You may be contacted by our Fraud Prevention Service to verify that your transactions are valid. This may be an automated system, a live person, or a text message. If you are unavailable, a message will be left for you to call (877) 253-8964. Text messages will come from the number 37268.
If the transactions are valid, you may continue to use your card. If the charges are not valid, your card will be blocked to prevent any further fraudulent activity.